Banking and technology go hand in hand today because customers demand convenience. Whether in a bank lobby or on a bank website…we all want to bank when it’s easiest and most timely for us. As we rely on online banking more, it’s important to make sure you are using online banking safely.
Here are our top 8 Tips to safer online banking:
1. Use only a secure network
When you use your private home or office network for online banking, you will always know you are using a secure network. However, when using a public Wi-Fi network, you are never sure who can see your online transactions. It’s best never to do online banking from a public network.
2. Make sure website is secure
When you log into Honor Bank’s website you will notice that the browser starts with “https” meaning that the “s” confirms the page is secure. Look for this indicator anytime that you are using a website that you are providing secure information.
3. Download and use A mobile Banking app
Use your thumbprint to open your mobile banking app because it’s convenient…but more importantly…it’s unique and can never be copied, duplicated or guessed!
- You do not have to remember your login & password.
- Your thumbprint is unique. No one else will be able to login to your account.
- If you do not like the feature, you can disable the function.
4. Set up customized alerts
With Honor Bank’s online banking, you can set up customized alerts for everything from account balances to specific transactions or transaction types. This is a great alert so you always know about all your online banking transactions.
5. Control your confidential information
Keep important bank information out of your mail box. With Honor Bank, you can sign up for these convenient and secure services:
- eStatements – have your monthly bank statements emailed to you for greater security and convenience.
- eNotices – receive mortgage statements, overdraft notices, ACH return notices, and more via email.
- eBills – receive and pay electronic summary versions of paper bills directly from your Honor Bank Bill Payments account. When you set up an individual eBill for a company you do business with, an eBill comes directly from that payee to your account.
6. Keep login and account numbers private
Never store passwords or bank account numbers where they are easily accessible. Honor Bank never stores any information so make sure you are not taking screen shots of your private information and storing them on your phone. If you get a new phone you will need to download the Honor Bank app and enroll in online banking again. If you forget your information, you’ll need to call us.
7. Use strong passwords
Today, it’s important to use strong passwords, i.e., a password that is not easily guessed by a hacker. Use upper and lower case, symbols and something only you will remember. Some people like to use the first letter of a sentence or song they will remember with symbols.
8. Keep your anti-virus software protection up to date
Do everything on your computer to make sure nothing felonious is downloaded.
To make your online banking the easiest, most convenient, and secure, use Honor Bank’s InstaLink Digital Banking Services. With InstaLink, you can perform online banking from your mobile device or computer. You can pay bills online, deposit checks from your mobile phone, check your account status and review account history, set up account alerts, and receive all your banking communications via email. In short, HB InstaLink means you have the freedom to bank when and where you want — quickly, conveniently, and most of all securely.